Monday, July 30, 2012

Blue Plate Special and Hark! Hark!

Yay, it's nursery rhyme theme over at Cookin' Up Creations this month, and who doesn't have a favorite nursery rhyme.  Mine was, and still is Pease Porridge Hot.  I don't know why, but I still sing it to this day.....but with a more bohemian accent. Hey, don't knock until you hear it.  lol.  Anyhoo, this month I chose Hark, Hark, The Dogs Do Bark!, because as you probably know by now, I have FOUR of them so I though it was only fitting!

Hark, hark, the dogs do bark!
The beggars are coming to town!
Some in rags and some in tags,
and one in a velvet gown.  


So my challenge was to create a layout based on the sketch below and to use tags.


And here's my layout.


For this layout I used a kit that I purchased from Scrapdango that contained the Awesome collection by Simple Stories.  I pulled out some metal stars (Scrapworks), an old plaque eyelet (Making Memories) and  a button from my stash.  I also splattered some water color paint on the pattern paper as well as the background.

Thanks for stopping by.  Now leave me a comment and tell me what is your favorite nursery rhyme.

No comments: