Sunday, June 9, 2013

Sketches4all and SOS - All About Our Guys

It seems we are honoring the men in our lives this month over at SKETCHES4ALL and Scrap Our Stash.  Since Mr. J doesn't like having his picture taken I decided to create a layout of our one and only son, Kyle.
This is the sketch I had to work with.  It's by Kristine Davidson at My Scraps and More. 


 And here is my take on it. 




I loved the sketch and I love the black and white photo of Kyle but for some reason this layout just didn't come together for me the way I wanted it to.  It laid on my scrap table for several days and I added to it, took away from it, until I finally said enough is enough.  I glued everything down and called it DONE!  It's definitely not one of my favorite layouts but I will put in the album and try to forget about it for now.

I'm also linking this up with Use It Tuesday Challenge #56 - Anything Goes.
Lasting Memories LM #143 - Opposites Attract. 

And don't forget about the big Birthday Bash and CT Call going on at Cookin' Up Creations this month.  Stop by the forum to see if it's a good fit for ya and if you like what you see, register.  You can find all the details about the CT Call in the post below.  Layouts do not have to be new for this call but do need to be recent.   

Thanks for looking.

8 comments:

Brenda said...

Love your layout Jan! Great take on the sketch and the stash challenge! Awesome use of the brads! Thank you for playing along at SOS and also S4All!

Denise Pustelniak said...

Love how you created a LO with this sketch! The pic is awesome too!
Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories

Haven_mom4 said...

So glad you joined us at lasting memories

Rochelle Spears said...

you did a wonderful job on the layout and combining challenges! Thanks for playing along with SOS! :)

Wendy K. said...

Awesome page! I love how you used the twine with buttons in the corner! Thanks for playing with Scrap Our Stash!

Darcy said...

I like what you did with this layout! Love the b&w photo with the colours in the layout. Thank you for joining us at Lasting Memories.

ClaireR said...

Love your take on opposites attract. I like your LO, but I totally understand (my LOs quite often spend days on my desk waiting to be "finished") But I really like your end result. Thanks for joining us at lasting memories.
ClaireR, LMDT

Kelly said...

I have been there so many times going back and forth to my layout but honestly you REALLY did a great job with this one! Love the photo, papers and the way you used up the brads! Thanks so much for playing along with us at SOS! :)